Mobile Storytelling workshops during the summer of 2020.
- June 1-5, Ajmer City, Rajasthan India (Registration $45 with Lunch and tea – $110 with accommodation plus three meals)
- June 8-12, Margao Town, Goa India (Registration $30 with Lunch and tea)
- June 22-26, Chandigarh, Punjab India (Workshop is full)
- July 6-10th, Nairobi, Kenya – Music For All
- July 20-24th, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Registration $80 with Lunch and tea)
All of these workshops will have “non-professional” attendees including university students and church members. Each five day workshop will cover smartphone camera use and editing, applications available, story ideas, scriptwriting, storyboarding, lighting and audio. Students will do three practical assignments: Framing and camera movement, 5-shot sequence (edited together on smartphone) and a final group project which could be a news package or a testimony of one of the group with B-roll. Each of these workshops will provide all on the ground expenses for the trainers(lodging, food and transport) by charging student fees. This ensures that each organizer has “skin in the game” and has definite goals of how to involve the trainees to tell these untold stories of God at work for social media and other distribution. It is also our hope that at least one media mentor will emerge from each group to continue working with each student after the workshop.
Some of these workshops are in collaboration with Global News Alliance (GNA.News) who’s mission is to “Stretch a cooperative news-gathering network around the globe, so that no developments significant to the Church go unreported.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION TO REGISTER FOR ONE OF OUR WORKSHOPS OR FINANCIALLY SUPPORT OUR TRAVEL SEND A MESSAGE THROUGH THE CONTACT LINK ABOVE.